Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)
RAR respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects you to do the same. Per the DMCA, RAR will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement on the Site if submitted to RAR's Copyright Agent as described below. Upon receipt of a notice alleging copyright infringement, RAR will take whatever action it deems appropriate within its sole discretion, including removal of the allegedly infringing materials.
If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been violated by RAR or by a third party who has uploaded materials to the Site, please provide the following information to RAR's designated Copyright Agent listed below:
- A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
- An address, telephone number, and e-mail address where RAR can contact you and, if different, an e-mail address where the alleged infringing party, if not RAR, can contact you;
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the use is not authorized by the copyright owner or other intellectual property rights owner, by its agent, or by law;
- A statement by you under penalty of perjury that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or are authorized to act on the owner's behalf;
- Your electronic or physical signature.
RAR may request additional information before removing any allegedly infringing material. In the event RAR removes the allegedly infringing materials, RAR will immediately notify the person responsible for posting such materials that RAR removed or disabled access to the materials. RAR may also provide the responsible person with your e-mail address so that the person may respond to your allegations.
RAR reserves the right to terminate, limit or suspend any user's access to the Site in the event of repeated infringing activity. If you believe that a user of this Site is a repeat infringer, please follow the above instructions to contact RAR's Copyright Agent. Please include sufficient information to assist RAR in determining that the user repeatedly engaged in infringing activity.
RAR registered a designated agent with the Copyright Office pursuant to 17 U.S.C. 512(c). RAR's designated Copyright Agent is:
ROCKFORD AREA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
6776 E. State Street
Rockford, IL 61108