Fair Housing Challenge
As NAR continues to strengthen its commitment to fair housing in the real estate industry, 2021 President Charlie Oppler asks that our appointed and elected leaders in the association join the challenge.
The “Fair Housing Challenge” involves completion of these three action items before April 9, 2021:
- The Implicit Bias training video, one hour in length
- Fairhaven REALTOR simulation, takes approximately an hour and a half to complete
- The At Home With Diversity course, six hours, plus breaks
This is another opportunity to earn your At Home With Diversity® (AHWD) certification.
The new online workshop helps REALTORS® understand how our unconscious brains categorize information and stereotypes, and offers practical tools to override hidden biases. The workshop offers many "de-biasing" practices that not only help to reduce bias, but also improve our relationships with all the people we encounter—being more responsive, growing our networks, and generating more business.
Completing these three programs will empower REALTORS® to:
- Confront and check their own biases;
- Honor the Fair Housing Act, and
- Work to end discrimination in housing, one interaction at a time.